Thursday, May 18, 2006

To the revolution...

(Here's a poem I wrote, on India's 57th Republic Day, on 26th January 2006, trying to capture and criticize the new world order of terror and war; a scenario our generation was hitherto unaware of.)

Hey…did you kill me…

in the name of the revolution?

Did you tell me,

The name of the revolution..?


I was a boy, growing up easy,

It was a world, simple and rosy…

"Rosy?", you said, "rosy my foot,"

"Nothing's rosy anymore, life's a brute"

Yeah, life's a brute, 'cos I was dead,

in the name of the revolution.

But….did you tell me,

The name of the revolution..?

And did you tell them,

I am a martyr…?

Did you tell them,

What's a martyr?

Did you tell them,

How I am one?

Did you tell them,

Their own son….


…picked up the gun, and killed two,

In the name of the revolution..?

And did they ask,

The name of the revolution?

To heaven, I would go…

I heard it once,

Yeah, I could hear,

Amid the firing guns,

That heaven is for those,

Who have the gun,

(And a 'resolution')

Then why did I feel,

Five bullets inside my head,

'To hell with the revolution?'


And please,
What's the name of the revolution?